Also see: Snow in Portland!
Those of you who know me, know that I love snow. I live at 200 feet above sea level in Oregon and snow isn’t really abundant in these parts. I always get at least somewhat excited about the possibility of snow in the forecast, only to be disappointed almost every time. So I thought about why it is that snow is so wonderful to me.
1. Snow brings different colors to life. Most of the time things are either yellow or green. Snow covers all that to make things white.
2. Snow changes the pace of life. We all have routines to our daily life. We work from 8 to 5 or we always do grocery shopping on Tuesday night, snow changes all that. We can’t drive as fast, we want to get outside to enjoy it, or we have to shovel the drive way (of course this never happens in Oregon).
3. Sledding. Who doesn’t love sledding?
4. A day off. Anytime it snows in Oregon, school is canceled. This, in turn, means a lot of businesses are closed. Nothing is better than an unexpected day off.
5. It is peaceful. Snow doesn’t make much noise. It rains a lot here and the pitter patter gets old after 5 months of it.
To read more of my stuff go here.