My sister and her friend are up from San Diego and Long Beach today. Rose and I are going to show them the town (Portland) this afternoon. Too bad it rained overnight. They’ll have to see what Portland is really like…wet.
- Remember my “5 reasons seminary is relevant” post. Matt Cleaver was inspired by it to write 2 posts titled “13 reasons why (traditional) seminaries are irrelevant.”
- Kay Warren says that puppies aren’t people and we should stop protecting them more than we protect people.
- John Stackhouse is doing a series on what good a Christian university education is.
- C. Wess Daniels wrote a great post on denominations and church tradition.
- Bob Hyatt says we need to Slow Down.
- How Michael Beasley made the NBA All-Rookie First Team over Kevin Love I’ll never understand. It makes no sense.
- Half of Americans switch their religious affiliation within their lifetimes.
- 50% of Christians believe that torture is justified often or sometimes.
- A look at 2 different couples who went through the “30 day sex challenge.” Interesting to see their perspective.
- Survey of the main reasons people leave the church.
- My favorite swine flu postcard.
- Something about these kind of preachers drives me insane, especially when they are kids (wow):
Enjoy your weekend.