Well we made it through (almost) the hottest weather Portland has seen since 1981 and we did it without a/c. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were downright miserable. It never got below 72 those days, so we could never cool our apartment down. I love the summer heat, but living in a sauna is not much fun.
- A 16 year old kid started a blog about his desire to train for and win the Tour de France. He is hoping that he will get enough traffic on his blog to raise money to buy a bike and start entering races.
- This church is doing a lot more than just talking about being radical.
- Why fixing your website won’t fix your church ministry.
- Loved this piece titled “Coming Out of the Judgmental Closet.”
- This is a hard quote to read.
- John Piper on why there are no perfect pastors.
- Jonathan Brink has some good thoughts on the kingdom vs. the church.
- Google is begining to take pictures for street view of bike trails. I can’t wait.
- How Gen-Y startups use social media to challenge the status quo.
- Another evangelist has been arrested. I think the good evangelists should change their title because the bad ones have given them a bad rap.
- Interesting Seattle Times article on the leaderless army of the religious right.
- In the category of this-isn’t-really-news-everyone-already-knew-it: tanning beds cause cancer.
I’m going to watch a satelite broadcast of The Leadership Summit in East Portland. How many of you are either going to Chicago or watching the satelite broadcast?