What is the gospel of Jesus? What does it mean to have faith? The answers to these questions intricately shape what it looks like to be a follower of Jesus. For as much time as Christians spend emphasizing having faith in this good news, it is worthwhile to make sure we’ve understood it correctly.
Matthew Bates is a theology professor at Quincy University, and has written several books connected to the themes of the gospel and faith.
Listen to the full episode below (click here email readers):
Or find the episode wherever you get podcasts, including:
Links from the episode:
- Matthew Bates’ recently released book Gospel Allegiance.
- Also connected to that is his previous work Salvation by Allegiance Alone.
- Scot McKnight’s The King Jesus Gospel.
- NT Wright’s Simply Jesus and How God Became King.
- If you enjoyed this episode be sure to check out a recent episode from The Bible Project podcast, with Tim Mackie and NT Wright discussing what the word gospel means.