Maybe you don’t know but fishing in Alaska means unGodly, extremely early morning wake up times. High tide this morning on the rivers we fish was about 2:45am. The best bite of the day is usually the first light after high tide which today was 5:30am but you have to go get the spot you want before it gets light. So we get up at 2:30am (everyday!!!). But instead of not catching anything (like those who try to come late) I have caught 2 silver salmon.
- I was able to hang out with Chad and Jessica last week, and this week they had their baby! Congrats to you two.
- One man’s quest towards a world of fair trade.
- A distinguished professor at Biola has written his thoughts on what evangelicals want out of a US President. And no, he didn’t just say Democrat or Republican.
- Bobby Gruenewald shares his thoughts and questions on pastors and church leaders needing more.
- Quote from Mother Theresa: “We should not serve the poor like they were Jesus. We should serve the poor because they are Jesus.”
- Steve McCoy has a great post on demographic inversion and what it means for suburban America.
- Barack Obama is going to announce who is VP will be over a text message.
- Focus on the Family is trying very hard to get rid of the video of Stuart Shepard asking people to pray for rain during Obama’s convention speech in Colorado. I don’t blame them because whether it was meant to be comical or not, I think everyone knows they do probably wish that.
- Dead zones on the ocean floors worldwide, caused by chemicals used in soil for crops, are changing the way ocean life survives.
- The “99 cent Only” store in LA has to change their name. Just another sign that part of a recession means high inflation.
- A very cool time lapse video of the 2005 winter in Homer, Alaska.
- The 7 year old girl on stage singing in the Opening Ceremony was lip syncing. The actual voice being used was deemed unsuitable for viewing because she is not as flamboyant. And we thought this was about showcasing how far China has come…
- Jeremy Schaap says that the Olympics, while being a great sporting event, will never bring world peace.