- It took me 2 weeks to get in the groove for school. Not bad. Last year (being my first year of seminary) I think it took 10 weeks. I was in over my head. Well who am I kidding…I still am.
- Speaking of seminary…how many of you took graduate level courses and began class by singing a hymn and a class wide prayer? It is pretty sweet.
- Ross Gale has a short post that packs a punch on Christians in politics. I tend to agree with him.
- I’ve been reading Tony Steward’s blog recently. This week he wrote an excellent post on questions guys should ask guys. I don’t really have many solid guy friendships right now and I’m beginning to wonder how it might be my fault so his post cut to the core of me.
- When pastors give their message at church…should they use notes or no? That is the question that Scot McKnight has some great insights into.
- Here is a new study on which Christian denominations have more sex.
- Jonathan Brink has a brilliant insight into relationships.
- I recently read The Almost True Story of Ryan Fisher by Rob Stinnet. It is probably the first fiction book I’ve read since high school…mostly because I don’t like fiction that often. But I will say this…awesome book. Easy read, awesome (yet ironic) storyline. I highly recommend it.
- I also finished a book titled 6 Prayers God Always Answers. This book just flat out did not work for me. If it had been read as a message given at church it’s possible it could have worked. There were too many stories in each chapter, and eventually I got confused about what I was reading about.
- I really really really want to go to the Passion Vancouver, BC event in early October. Anyone else want to go with me? It is only a one night event.
- Believe it or not. Earlier this week there were 4 active storms in the Atlantic, but that wasn’t even a record. I’ve been taking notes on places not to live…and New Orleans and South Florida are rising quickly on that list.
- From the reports so far, it looks like Ike is going to be the horrible storm that Gustav turned out not to be.
- Thank God the conventions are over. Bring on the debates baby!!!
- America’s pastime finally had replay used in a game.
- My favorite football player 5 years ago, was the best player in the NFL back then. A couple days ago he retired and he is only 31.
And finally (wow this is a long one…too much good stuff this week) here is my last video from Alaska. Hope you get a good laugh out of it (video embedded my wonderful RSS readers).