Don’t look now but my Twins have a great shot at making the playoffs. I could try to explain how excited I am, but words wouldn’t do that justice. Let’s just say it is pretty friggin awesome.
So much good stuff this week…hard to whittle it down. Here we go.
- Some interesting thoughts on personal/standalone blogs losing their popularity and significance.
- Mark Driscoll’s preaching notes. Incredible.
- “In Money We Trust”. This is definitely the best piece I’ve seen written on a Christian reaction to this economic fall out.
- I’m glad to see that Jerry Falwell’s son has learned from his father’s mistakes (at least I would call them mistakes).
- Great post on how to engage your blog readers.
- Don Miller has endorsed Barack Obama. The Burnside Writers sat down for an interview with him about his decision. I am not saying I agree with his decision but the interview is worth a read.
- How to get your church’s online community started.
- South Dakota is about to vote on an amendment that would almost ban abortion. Almost would be the key word there though.
- Ben Bernanke (if you don’t know who he is, just know he is important) says if we don’t pass this proposed bailout we MIGHT risk a recession. Um…not sure where he lives….but aren’t we already in one?
- Sometimes “Christians” really piss me off. An evangelist has condoned “puberty” as being the age of sexual consent.
- Sounds like Obama is telling Joe Biden to be his poster child for “experience” and to never open his mouth again.
- Newest Christian thing: The Green-Letter Bible. Wow….
- This makes me sick: Planned Parenthood has a new intiative to have people donate money on behalf of Sarah Palin. A thank you card then gets sent to Sarah Palin for “her” donation. PP certainly has class…..
- One lawmaker proposes paying poor women to get their tubes tied…he thinks it might reduce government spending on welfare. No…I’m not kidding.
For those of you who enjoyed the “Jesus is My Friend” video…I think you’ll get a kick out of this.