For Christmas Eve we have a band prepared of 2 instruments. It should be really sweet. It can be a desire of many churches to put on a big production with a large band and lots of performance songs. This year we decided to go with the opposite. 2 instruments, a few singers, and a multi-generational choir (that I’ll be singing in). We’re also singing just congregational Christmas carols. It should be a great night with the church.
Didn’t get a chance to read as much this week and the number of links reflects that. With that said, there was still a bunch of great stuff out there this week.
- An awesome video of cars trying to make it up an icing hill in Portland for a few hours (video is only 2 minutes long). Probably a 25% success rate.
- If you haven’t heard, Rick Warren is giving the invocation at Obama’s inauguration. All this whining about it is ridiculous to me. Can’t an inauguration be without partisan politics (even Tony Jones agrees with me).
- Bob Hyatt has some good thoughts on the Bible and homosexuality.
- Carlos Whitaker shares on reaching this generation and reaching the next generation.
- Not only is Brian McLaren a former pastor, author, and speaker, but he also writes songs. Check out this video.
- Some great photography tips and tricks.
- This explains why Portland and surrounding areas deals with snow and ice so poorly. The only thing not mentioned is that Oregon does not use salt to melt roadways. We use some sort of chemical de-icer that doesn’t really work.
Enjoy the last weekend before Christmas everyone!