I’ve played guitar for quite a few years now, but I’ve always played acoustic. In fact I’ve never played an electric guitar in front of people before. This Sunday I’m making the leap…for one song and only in the 11am service. Thanks to some help from Ben, I’m playing the ax this weekend. Should be fun.
Rose and I are going to an outdoor wedding this afternoon and tonight. Forecast: rain, all day. Should be fun.
Note: the fun of playing electric guitar and the fun of getting rained on all afternoon are 2 different types of fun.
- Interesting take on health care reform from the President of the Evangelical Association, Leith Anderson.
- Some reading tips from a guy who reads a lot. I found these really helpful.
- The good news in the decline of Christianity in America.
- The day Ted Kennedy met Jerry Falwell.
- I enjoyed this take on Derek Webb’s new “controversial” album.
- Do long blog posts scare away readers?
- Kind of weird to look at a map of the world this way. Might be good for Americans to do look at it this way more often.
- Great article on the worship wars and cultural engagement from 2 profs at my school.
- This website gives me hope.
- A map of the USA showing the 7 deadly sins. Pretty amazing how sinful the Bible belt is.
Enjoy the long weekend. I’ll be in class on Monday. Not joking.