I have now been blogging for 2 years. Sometime this week, I can’t remember the day, I passed the 2 year mark. This blog hasn’t been alive that long because I started on Blogger and later moved to this format, but 2 years does feel like a long time.
If you have a spare 10 minutes, take some time to read through the 90 and counting comments from my post on Tuesday. Apparently I struck a cord with what I said.
Some really great things to share with you this week. Seems well above average for some reason.
- Monday Confessions from Brady Boyd, pastor at New Life Church in Colorado. Raw, authentic…loved this.
- Brian McLaren answers questions on the 3 main areas that people seem to have key issues with him.
- Great video….church history in 4 minutes.
- “Goodness is the process of becoming not of being…” Read the rest.
- Mark Batterson’s definition of success.
- Phenomenal post that totally surprised me (in a good way): “Resisting the irresistible Shane Claiborne.”
- Portland doesn’t hate you, Christians. It nothings you (every pastor in Portland needs to read this article, it is a must).
- Texas has released the last words of people before they were executed.
- Newsweek ran a great story on Obama and the limits of charisma. A must read.
- Great Christianity Today article on transcending the worship wars through Christ centered worship.
- If you are a CEO of a large company, the good news is that your company’s stock price can tank and you can still retire with way too much money….ugh.
October is a great month to be a sports fan. Go Huskers, Vikings, and Twins.