Well I came into Black Friday with every intention of spending no money. I knew we had little to spend on Christmas and had no desire to get up early, so it seemed like an easy thing to spend no money.
Well that was until later in the evening when someone told me they would give me their Christmas gift early if it helped me get closer to buying a tv like I had been talking about doing ever since we moved. Lo and behold…I walked out of Best Buy last night with this…. 40 inches of pure wonderful awesomeness. In all honesty, our previous tv was just too small for our new place, but fit our old apartment decently. It’s a lame excuse…but it’s all I have to say for myself.
- Praying for Obama’s demise.
- Same theme….“who said it, Obama or God?” Great post from Skye Jethani.
- Rhett Smith has his usual great thoughts, this time on a pastor’s responsibilities and counseling.
- Shane Claiborne wrote in Esquire magazine this month (crazy I know). He explains how it came about.
- And here is the article written by Shane titled, “what if Jesus meant all that stuff?”
- How to estimate church attendance.
- 9 ways to know the Gospel message is true.
- The top 10 worst predictions of the past decade.
- I remember when Abercrombie and Fitch was everyone’s favorite store…now they’re struggling (glad I say I’ve never bought a thing from them…or modeled for them) :).
- A Catholic bishop banned a senator from Communion because of his stance on abortion. To this I say, about time a church does more than just condemn the action.
- The most awesome group on Facebook that has everything and nothing to do with me.
- Watch this and tell me that sports don’t matter.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Praying for God’s blessing on you this Christmas season.