Well after all my touting of Nebraska last Saturday…they sure came close. Definitely their best game of the year and it put their best player into the national spotlight. If Suh doesn’t win the Heisman tonight it just reassures my belief that the Heisman trophy goes to the best player on the best team, rather than the best player in college football.
I have 500 words left to write in this semester of school. It doesn’t seem like much, but it is definitely the monkey on my back right now.
All week the weather forecasters have predicted a winter storm for Portland. Close to 4 inches of snow between Friday night and this morning, and freezing rain after the snow. Well, low and behold…it is 10am on Saturday morning and there is light rain that is not freezing and no flakes have fallen. FAIL.
- Karen wrote a great post on the prosperity gospel and theology.
- Interesting look at how Google Wave could be used in church ministry. I’ve been thinking about this a lot in light of my new job…staying in touch with a bunch of teenagers isn’t easy.
- David Letterman got a “Twitter Machine.” LOL.
- Lynne Hybels has reclaimed Christmas.
- Chris Brogan has some advice if you have an extra 30 minutes.
- Is Advent Biblical?
- Matt Chandler had brain surgery earlier this week, but a few days before the surgery he shot this video. Be encouraged.
- The phone apps that could save your life.
- Relevant Magazine featured an article on The Mentoring Project and rescuing a fatherless generation.
- Why Suh deserves the Heisman.
Enjoy the snow. I realize that half the country got some snow this week…but not us 🙁