Well after being gone over the weekend and first part of this week, I’m back…with a whole new look. Come on over to the site if you are reading this in an RSS feed.
For those of you who care about what happened, I basically switched from a WordPress.com hosted blog, to a self-hosted blog using WordPress.org. I would have loved to have done this earlier in my blogging life but I had no idea how to do it or the money to make it happen.
Well along came Paul Bae (@branford for those of you on Twitter) and he was kind enough to offer to code the new look and work with the plug-ins that I would need to get started. I can’t thank him enough, and if you are on Twitter you really should be following him. He spent countless hours putting all this together.
I met Paul through Twitter about 6 months ago and since then we’ve engaged in conversation a lot, as well as playing fantasy football and fantasy basketball together (I should mention I beat him in the league championship game for fantasy football, sorry Paul).
What all this means (the small changes):
- It’s a whole new look. I guess that isn’t a small change.
- You are able to share my posts with Twitter/Facebook with some links at the bottom of each post.
- Commenting and reading my posts in an RSS reader should all stay the same.
- I have a lot more flexibility on what I can put into posts and how the blog will look and feel for you in the future.
- **UPDATE** If you want your picture to show up with your comment, please go to Gravatar.com and update the picture that is associated with your email.
Let me know if you come across some issues. We’ve done our best to work out the bugs as best we can but there are bound to be small issues along the way.
Also, let me know if you have any pointers on how to get the most out of going to a self-hosted blog.
The credit for this new look really belongs to you. Paul was really drawn to the community of people who make up this blog and wanted to help enhance it.