Looks like the topic of “the importance of mentoring for the future of the church” won by one measly vote earlier this week. That is the topic I’ll roll with unless enough of you think I should do a vote-off between the top 2 topics.
During the off-season I told pretty much everyone I knew that I thought the Twins were the most underrated team in baseball this year and that they would win the World Series. Then Joe Nathan (their closer and a darn good one) went down for the year and everyone said I was crazy. I’m sticking with my pick though. Twins for the World Series.
- 10 reasons pastors are important.
- What should we be teaching in church? Narrative or doctrine?
- Loved this post from Diane Butler Bass from Monday on the connection between sports and faith.
- John Mark Comer is the teaching pastor at a growing church a few miles from where I live (Solid Rock Church). He was featured in an interview by Catalyst this week.
- Kyle Reed wrote a great post on the 2 major problems the church is facing today. Pretty hard to disagree with his main points.
- One week into baseball season and the best play of the whole season might have happened on Opening Day.
- This mentoring program in New York deserves your vote for Pepsi Refresh.
- Dear Dustin Pedroia: Actually what umpire Joe West said is something most fans agree with. You and the Yankees do slow play the game of baseball to try and create advantages throughout the game. Bottom line, play the game the right way.
- Praying for those hurting in West Virginia after more bad news came last night.
Grace and peace.