Today I’m going to be on a panel at MISE in Wilsonville (20 minutes south of Portland). It is a conference for church leaders wanting to learn more about navigating social media. Hope to meet/see some of you there.
Starting in a week, I’m taking a 2-week intensive summer course at my seminary. I’m hoping that I can keep up my normal blogging, but if not just know that I’m extremely busy balancing my various jobs on top of the added class time. I have to read 3 whole books in the next week before the class even starts, yikes.
- Join this 24/7 Prayer Movement for Prostitution and the World Cup.
- I know I do some work for The Mentoring Project, but this story deserves to be shared anyway. The Uganda Youth Academy is turning charity upside down by supporting the cause of TMP. A truly beautiful story.
- Eugene Cho says, “diversity is the new normal.” The implications of this for the church are great.
- John Dyer is wondering if chapter and verse numbers in the Bible are making us dumb.
- Thought provoking post coming off Memorial Day where Karen wonders how the church should interact with calender dates that involve the military.
- Michael Gungor says there is no such thing as Christian music.
- EA Sports is taking the Tiger Woods’ ad direction a little bit different than Nike…read: opposite direction.
- These pictures of the sinkhole in Guatemala are incredible. Hell on earth in some weird way.
- Ted Haggard is back leading a church again. Any thoughts on this?
- Good article that ponders the question of why so many lead pastors (big names) are stepping down.
Grace and peace.