Rose and I spent a few days at the Oregon coast earlier this week and we’re heading to Salem to spend time with my family this weekend. It has been my first vacation in about a year. I’ve loved every minute.
I was at the coast, so I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think Portland has seen rain in what is now 7 weeks and will likely be 8 weeks because the forecast is for wicked hot and sunny.
I didn’t spend much time reading blogs and news this week but here is some of what I ran across:
- How to get out of a devotional rut.
- Interesting article in The Wall Street Journal on the perils of “wanna-be” Christianity and church.
- Chris Brogan isn’t a Christian but he attended an online church service last weekend and shared some insightful things about it on his blog.
- Extremely sad story of a Christian aid organization that lost 10 people to the Taliban in Afghanistan last week. Love the title of this article about it though: “Darkness cannot put out the darkness.”
- Don Miller says that if you want to become the cream of the crop you have to read. Pretty simple right? I totally agree with him.
- Loved this spoof Twitter movie trailer.
- If you don’t get the joke, watch the real trailer of the upcoming movie about the beginning of Facebook.
- Interesting post connecting tattoos and spirituality.
For those of you in Portland, stay cool or find a home with a/c.