Since the blogosphere will be lit up with Thanksgiving Day posts tomorrow I thought I’d beat everyone by a day 🙂
The past year has had its ups and downs for sure, but we definitely have a lot to be thankful for. Here’s what comes to mind:
- Jobs for both of us.
- Being financially able (barely) to both attend graduate school.
- We’ve been in our current duplex for over a year now.
- Our church has always felt like a family but this past year of me working at Sunset full time has taken it to a different level. Even though my future there remains very unstable with everything that is uncertain, we’re grateful to have made the friendships and connections we have thus far.
- A full year of bike commuting with no major injuries.
- Being able to serve with incredible teams; both the youth and adult worship teams are phenomenal.
- Our families. Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins, and parents. We’ve been blessed with amazing families.
- Golf outings with my dad. It’s weird that this sticks out in my mind, but he and I have played golf probably 8 times over the past 5 months. With so much unknown in life right now my dad has always been an encouragement with helpful perspective.
We are so blessed.
(Photo Credit: Jaime Clapp)