People make fun of me a lot, but I do follow the weather pretty closely. What a bizarre week where it seemed like half of the nation was out of school and off work because of snow. All the while, we’ve only had a few drops of the rain in the past 3 weeks.
As a Vikings fan, I simply cannot root for the Packers tomorrow in the Super Bowl. I love Aaron Rodgers as a player and a person, but here’s to hoping the Steelers pull out a W.
- Loved this challenging post from Julia entitled “Confessions of an Introvert.”
- Does prayer change God’s mind? “God has ultimate aims and our prayers are part of finding alignment with God’s aims. But these ‘discussions are real and issue in real change.'”
- What one man learned after spending 4 days with 20-something Christian leaders.
- How online social networking helps and hurts the Church. “Facebook might make it easier to keep tabs on large numbers of peoples’ lives, but is ‘keeping tabs’ really a relationship? Facebook creates the illusion that by being constantly in touch with a person, you can know them more; that by accepting a “friend request,” you have made a real life, human connection.”
- Should your spouse be your best friend?
- The Civil Wars put out their first studio album earlier this week. Listen to a full stream of it. One of the best full albums I’ve heard in a while.
- Incredible picture of Egyptian Christians creating a human block to protect Muslims while they pray.
- Photos of an uncontacted tribe in the Brazilian jungle.
- Interesting WSJ article on the ways endurance athletes struggle in their marriages. Just imagine having a spouse that spent over 2 hours of free time a day exercising…yikes.
Have a wonderful weekend friends.