If you’re reading this sometime between 8am and 10am Pacific time I’m in the midst of my first half-marathon. Say a prayer for me, I’ll need it.
This has to be the weirdest NBA Finals I’ve ever seen. How exactly the Heat could dominate a Bulls team, that is frankly better than Dallas, and fall apart a week later is just amazing. This should have been a sweep.
- I’ve been enjoying the new website Grantland.com and especially this post about how the DVR robs sports of all their drama.
- Don’t be a Pastor Weiner. “Don’t defame Jesus by lying, cheating, scheming. Be truthful. Be 100% truthful. All the time. Even when it hurts. Even when you make a mistake. Even when it will certainly make you look bad, or silly, or cheap, or sinful. Be honest. Be transparent” (I will say this, Rep. Weiner’s apology was astounding to me. I know he was basically forced into it but he showed more remorse than Tiger Woods and Bill Clinton did combined, though I guess that isn’t saying much).
- My favorite post of the week from Jon Acuff…the 3 letters that will change the way you blog and use social media.
- Thom Rainer has a new book out on the millennial generation and right now it’s free for Kindle.
- This guy got a ticket for riding his bike outside the bike lane. What ensues in this video is something I deal with every time I bike…
- Incredible time-lapse video of the Milky Way galaxy.
- If I’m counting correctly, I think this now makes it 4 countries that we’re at war with.
- Google Maps now tells you in real time how late your bus or train is.
- The new Bon Iver album is sweet.
Grace and Peace.