I was at an event for The Mentoring Project last night with a lot of out of town people. It’s always fun when people come to Portland for the first time. For whatever reason Portland has a mystique to it for people who don’t live here.
Rose and her team in Honduras come home late Monday night. Couldn’t come soon enough. The bachelor life is not all it’s cracked up to be.
Not as many links as usual today because this was one of the busiest weeks I’ve had in a long time.
- “An excellent wife is forged not found.”
- Anyone want to do the RunKeeper Global Group Run with me in Portland on July 9th?
- 10 easy steps to ruin your online reputation.
- Loved this post from Justin Davis on Rep. Weiner. “Controlling public perception is exhausting…confessing our sin is freeing. Yet most of the time we choose to hide our sin in favor of winning other’s approval. I’ve often wondered how much closer I would be to God if I spent as much time and energy developing my character as I do trying to manipulate your opinion of me.”
- Sometimes in church, teaching is the barrier to change.
- The most annoying worship leader habits. “It’s great that you’re hip and cool and all the indie kids can relate. But come on. We all know you didn’t really roll out of bed looking like that. You’re not a rock star, the only people that dress like that are rock stars.”
Hope you have a great weekend ahead.