October is the best month of the year. Hands down, it is not even close.
Why you ask?
- Colors other than green and dead grass are everywhere. And it is beautiful. In some places beautiful doesn’t even begin to describe how beautiful it really is.
- October means playoff baseball. Now granted, it will be much less exciting without my Twins playing. But, playoff baseball is still as good as it gets.
- Cool nights and warm afternoons. In October you can still wear a t-shirt in the afternoon, but it sure is nice to be able to go on a walk and feel the night’s chill for the first time in months.
- The NFL season is in full swing.
- School isn’t as stressful as month into the year. Everything kind of has a flow to it and can become enjoyable.
- Halloween is the one night of the year when it is actually cool to be somebody else. Or it is the one night when you can make fun of people for dressing up like idiots.
- Oh…it my birthday in October so that is cool too.
- It is the last chance for summer month. Nothing about November is summery, but in October you still have a chance for some wonderfully warm days.
- My wife and I started dating in October…all good things happen in October 🙂
So there are some reasons why October is the best month of the year.
Watercooler Wednesdays @ Ethos