That is still so surreal to me (as a huge sports fan) I can’t put it into words.
I am so blessed to have been able to go to the conference this week. I learned so much it is crazy. My brain is in love with me because I’ve used it all week. It was like being in seminary classes that are fun all day long for 3 days in a row. Thanks to Sunset and the worship department for allowing me to go, I hope it is something that I will continue to stretch me and hopefully I can go again.
- Christianese: we’re not arrogant, we just “struggle with pride.”
- Does Obama care about high gas prices?
- I have had some great dialogue on Rob Bell with a reader and listened to some of his messages on the plane rides. I’ll be posting on those things next week.
- An incredibly sad story on witch hunts in Kenya. I can’t even fathom this in my world.
- I have been friends with Miranda (her blog is for private viewing only now) for over 5 years. She and her family are going through some really thick stuff right now. I know they would appreciate your prayer.
- Jay posted on me spilling my lunch on the floor and on me. I will have my revenge.
- If you haven’t read Rich’s worship mythbusters, you need to. This week’s is “loud music is not as holy as reflective music.” Great thoughts Rich.
- Vin has a helpful post on how to start your own blog.
- I guess Mr. Ragamuffin looked at my blog during his time lapse post. Check it out here.
Thoughts on Chicago
- I said it before but it must be said again. The midwest is SO FLAT. Being back in Portland made me so thankful for hills and mountains. I had no sense of direction or distance in Chicago because there is nothing to see but sky or buildings.
- After 3 days of humidity…I’m glad to be in Portland. While it was nice to be warm, it got old to be sticky.
- Thunderstorms and snow is what I miss out on in Oregon. We don’t really get either of those in Portland.
- I even read blogs while I was gone, but I still came home to this. I have no idea how to catch up.