I heard Randy Alcorn speak at The Way last night. He shared in a q/a format from his book titled Heaven. I haven’t read the book but know many who have. It was really interesting to hear, though probably over the head for the average person.
One thing that came to my mind is how much focus Christians put on the tribulation and the events of Revelation, and how little focus we give to what heaven will be like. That needs to change, now.
- NT Wright has some thoughts on blogging and social media.
- “Taking the Bible seriously, but not always literally.” Hmm…..
- Jonathan Brink shared some thoughts on issues with ordination of pastors.
- Did Jesus lead a balanced life? Good thoughts from Christine Sine.
- Some wisdom from Henri Nouwen.
- 3 steps to stop spammers on Twitter from Matt Singley.
- Brian McLaren shares 4 lessons we should learn from the religious right. I wonder what people will write in 20 years about his religious left.
- What does the prosperity gospel have to say about hard economic times?
- Homeless are standing in for lobbyists during hearings on Capitol Hill.
- What would Jesus watch? Why “Christian” tv shows are failing.
- “I think the use of video and drama largely is a token of unbelief in the power of preaching.”
- A generation with an entitlement complex is hitting the workforce.
- If you haven’t seen this video…you really should watch:
Another hot weekend in Portland. Stay cool.