After our weather the past 4 days, I’m very thankful to have air conditioning for the first time. It is a huge blessing when the temp is still 90* at 9pm. I’m scared of the electric bill though…
I know the Twins are a great 2nd half team most years, but they’ve been hard to root for the past month. And they couldn’t land Cliff Lee in a trade either. Not looking too good.
Hope you fellow Oregonians survived the heat wave.
- If we can learn one thing from Eugene, we must learn to be careful what we tweet.
- The Mentoring Project could really use a vote from you to help them win a grant from Chase Bank.
- Jan wrote a great post titled “A View from the Pew.”
- Why does social media matter to your ministry?
- Loved this from Dave Ramsey: “The spiritual side of money.” He has some truly challenging, yet thoughtful words.
- A great resource for young church leaders on preaching and the emerging church.
- Even the Sports Guy is getting into soccer for the World Cup. I’m going with the Netherlands for the big win on Sunday. They’ve been my underdog the whole way (yes, I picked them to beat Brazil).
- Bill Platscke has a problem with the MLB All Star game. I mostly disagree with him, but agree that Charlie Manuel screwed up by leaving out Strasburg and taking Ryan Howard.
- Great review of John Mark McMillan’s new album. Can’t wait to get my hands on it. Incredible album if you ask me.
- I was mad at LeBron for his decision to leave Cleveland, but then I read the statement from the Cavs GM and I think I’ll be more mad at the GM for having no tact or class in his conduct. Honestly, I thought it was a prank or something. How can his statement not be a joke?
Have a great weekend.