Just one week left in the mentoring series. Time flies I guess.
Tuesday was a special night. For the first (and maybe only) time in my lifetime, the Twins were the first team in Major League Baseball to win their division. As a Twins fan I’ve often been left to cheering for the underdog who was lucky to make the playoffs. Even without their 2nd best player, it has been a special year.
- Interesting post from Karen on whether or not Christians should be praying for the salvation of Christopher Hitchens.
- Great video dialogue on the importance of a pastor “always getting to the gospel” in a church gathering. This is BY FAR my biggest complaint with topical preaching, it often misses the gospel.
- Not sure how to describe this post, but I’d say its a must read.
- 7 ways to applaud your favorite bloggers.
- See You At the Pole was earlier this week for students around the world. When I was in school I always looked forward to it, but this post raises some great questions about whether churches should be pushing it or not.
- Oh how this resonated with me: introverts in evangelical America.
- Scientists now have PROOF that wind parted the Nile instead of Moses parting the Red Sea.
- I’ve always appreciated Scot McKnight’s care in dealing with political issues and I think he nails the bigger picture of why the Democrats are struggling.
- At this point, I’d say Obama should try and stay away from the Carter comparisons, but they just keep coming.
- Interesting WSJ article on how tablets such as the ipad are making laptops much more obsolete.
Have a wonderful weekend friends.