Josh Hamilton has been the story in the sports world recently. Here’s a post I wrote over 2 years about his incredible story of grace and redemption.
Boy was it fun watching ARod strike out to send the Rangers to the World Series. If only that could have happened with my Twins.
I turned 26 on Thursday. I feel old.
My church has an important meeting this Sunday night with a newly formed Commission of members from our denomination to help us walk through this difficult time. I’d appreciate your prayers for that.
- We place a lot of value on public prayer, but it is private prayer that shows the condition of our heart.
- We need vibrant churches in the suburbs.
- This has been on my mind a lot lately as I think about being a pastor to others. “Do you have a good team of life editors?”
- A look at a great example of the struggle churches around the US are facing: How do we get young people to come? I love the response from one of the oldest members of this church.
- “Today it is fashionable to talk about the poor. Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with them.” Let that sink in, cause for most of us, it will sting.
- I sure hope you’ve seen this by now. If not, you’re welcome.
- A massive leak of Iraqi War documents came out yesterday. None of it makes the USA look all too great…
- I don’t know how you can watch this and think the NFL’s shift in penalizing hits is a bad thing. Seeing 2 grown men unconscious on a football field is NOT entertainment.
- Hillsong is coming out with a more acoustic-driven album next week. Preview the whole thing here for free.
- This was absolutely great. A pastor on the Price is Right. Love getting the back story to it as well.
Grace and Peace friends.