Having seen True Grit, The King’s Speech, and The Social Network in the theater, I’d have to give the nod to The Social Network by a hair over The King’s Speech for Best Picture. Agree?
But honestly, none of them compare with Gladiator, let’s be honest.
- What an amazing story from Justin: From pastor to waiter.
- Most interesting read of the week: Why Girls Get Bieber Fever from Psychology Today.
- Is leadership Biblical? “The NT word “leadership” takes on the element of leading by character not coercion, by submission not hierarchy in reverence for the Lordship of Christ.”
- Great review of the popular (at least locally) new show entitled Portlandia. It nails Portland so well.
- My sister was on the Price is Right Monday morning. You can watch her 5 minutes up on stage here.
- Breaking out of the “worship formula.” If you’re a worship leader, you know exactly what that means. “It matters a lot less if everyone hits the right note, or if the band hits the right solo at exactly the right time or even if the particular song is the one you want to sing. What matters is if worship is providing you a space to connect with God.”
- Great reminder how the smallest things in life are often the biggest areas of obedience or disobedience.
- Join me in prayer for the last few remaining Christians in Iraq. Tough to read this piece from the NYTimes about it.
Have a blessed weekend.