March Madness is upon us. My favorite sporting event of the year. Just like last year, Duke will be majorly undervalued come tournament time. Don’t be surprised when they make another long run.
If you want to join in on the March Madness Bracket fun, I created a league through Yahoo! that you can join to try to beat me, hope you’ll join!
Just as I was about to go to bed Thursday night I opened Twitter to see some breaking news about Japan. While the news was incredibly sobering, I find it amazing how differently and quickly news travels in today’s world. No longer do we wait for the evening news to find out what’s going on.
Lots of great links to share with you this week.
- When it comes to government budgets…“What would Jesus cut?”
- 22 habits of an effective worship leader. A solid list I’d say.
- Really appreciated these thoughts from Adam on giving up social networking for Lent. “Maybe we can be a bit more creative in the church than immediately turning to technology or social networking as the default things to give up for Lent. Because for many people, it would be asking them to give up their friends, or their community, or their church.”
- Speaking of Lent, I always appreciate a gentle rebuke from Eugene but especially this week…God to us: “Umm, I didn’t ask you to give up coffee. I asked you to give up your life to me.”
- True joy.
- “We are ambassadors of the coming King, going ahead to warn of his coming.”
- We continue to be in prayer for the ongoing struggle in Japan, especially for dear friends who are in Tokyo (we have heard from them and they are safe). Here’s an amazing and heartbreaking set of pictures of the destruction.
- Adele’s new album is really legit. Take a listen to a short acoustic set she performed live for NPR.
- In the category of “Amazing Sad and Amazingly Hilarious At the Same Time”…I give you, “Who Said It: Sheen, Beck, and Qaddafi?”
- Passion has been reaching college students for a decade now, and this song from their album that came out this week touched me in a big way when I attended this year’s conference online. Be blessed by it (video is below RSS readers):
Have a great weekend.