Highlight of my week: Watching Francisco Liriano throwing a no hitter for my Twins. Icing on the cake that it was against the White Sox. Hard to call them a rival of the Twins considering how lopsided the match-up has been the last 5 years.
Lots to share with you after missing this post last weekend.
- 9 steps to spark your creativity.
- Good thoughts from Rhett on why pastors often become therapists.
- A helpful look at the pros and cons of streaming church online. “I’m in favor of streaming church services online, but I believe we need to make an active effort to ensure we don’t perpetuate complacency. The last thing the Body of Christ needs is an increase in lethargy.”
- My favorite post of the last few weeks from Mandy at Messy Canvas on the F-Word. Yes the real one. “I became quite good at saving up those words to use within the confines of my own head, but I always felt guilty about it.”
- Strong implications for churches on Seth’s post: “What’s the point of popular?”
- I wrote a post on the #RunRevRun blog last week on some helpful pieces of inspiration for those of you runners.
- Some of the stuff that interested me surrounding Osama’s death:
- How the Osama death announcement leaked out before the President’s speech.
- How a Twitter user in Pakistan unknowingly live-Tweeted the raid on the compound.
- One teacher in Washington state hadn’t shaved since 9/11…until Monday.
- The hour after news organizations were reporting Osama’s death was the busiest activity ever on Twitter.
- Great local newspaper article on Q Conference in Portland, which I went to last week.
Grateful for my mom.