While the rest of the country has been fighting a heat index of over 110*, we’ve been a nice comfortable 70* most of the week. But don’t worry, Portlanders still find something to complain about. It isn’t warm enough here they say. I say, shut up.
If the Twins finish the season above .500, they’ll be the first team ever to go from 20 games below .500 to finish above .500. Don’t bet against it.
Plenty of great links to share with you.
- A look into the creative process. The good, the bad, and the painful.
- Josh says, “for everything: a season.” Yes, indeed.
- John Piper interviewed Louie Giglio on how Passion came to be and why they still exist today. Loved every bit of it.
- Ann Voskamp had a beautiful post this week on patience being difficult to find. “Patient people dare to gratefully accept people where they are. Grateful for who they are now, appreciative of works of art not yet finished, but still deeply loved. Patient people dare to receive the present always as a present – grace.”
- 10 dos and don’ts for internet writing/blogging.
- A helpful infographic for comparing the various music subscription services out there now (Spotify, Rdio, Grooveshark, etc). Right now I’m going with a mix of Spotify (not premium) and Grooveshark and that’s worked well for me.
- Great article from CT on the “most risky profession”…The danger of becoming a celebrity pastor in a megachurch.
- I did a dance around the living when I watched this.
- CNN did a series of articles on the millennial generation. Here’s one of them on what kind of work environment we want.
- Have you heard someone talk about Google Plus recently and thought, “what’s that?” Well here’s a video to help you out (you can find me on G+ here):
Grace and Peace.