Since I had several posts about me getting a Macbook, I should probably tell you all that I did get it 2 weeks ago. I’ve been very happy so far, although I need to use the iLife Suite more often. I don’t take a lot of pictures or videos, but I need to change that. Thanks for all your help!
- Going on 21 days without rain here in Portland 🙂
- This guy is going to jail all because of a Facebook picture. Maybe I should be more careful…
- 3 cds and 1 dvd for $25. The new Chris Tomlin cd, the new Charlie Hall cd, a cd of David Crowder’s fall tour, and a David Crowder dvd.
- Interesting article on how the Catholic church does little to reprimand abusive priests but will not accept ordained women.
- A 21 year old woman got mauled by a grizzly bear in Cooper Landing, Alaska. When Rose and I head up there we drive right through Cooper Landing. It is about 2 hours from her parent’s place. I have yet to see a bear in Alaska, but this doesn’t make me want to see one either.
- For those who do not know, Rick Warren is hosting a forum for Obama and McCain at his church. I’m still not sure how I feel about this.
- A video blog from Rwanda on a “starfish called Enoch”. Awesome video.
- Aaron Ivey on leading worship and getting blank stares.
- A great post on buying a new Bible by Jenn Lockerman.
- As usual, Jonathan Brink has some great thoughts on being a Christian and being involved in politics.
- Don Miller made it to the east coast yesterday as a part of his trip for Blood Water Mission. He and his friends raised over $200k on their trip. Such an awesome idea, I wish I could have gone.
- Perry Noble has some thought provoking ideas on people to beware of if you are a pastor.
- My friend Ross is hilarious. He has a way of writing and being funny that I can only dream of having. I’m excited to know that we’ll still be friends when he is a famous writer and I am not. He wrote a post on why he plucks his eyebrows. Check it!
If any of you were doubting whether we are in a recession or not, I have confirming evidence. Over the past few weeks a number of NBA basketball players have left their current teams to sign huge contracts with European teams. Even players that were born in the US are heading over there. I think this is sad, but here is why they are leaving:
- They make more money. Bigger contracts and the Euro is killing the USD right now.
- They don’t get taxed.
- They get a free car, free apartment, and free plane tickets for family.
Mercy Me’s cover of “Thriller”