I know, I know…no new name yet. Still processing that.
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be the First Family for a day or even an hour? I caught myself wondering that. Don’t get me wrong, I want no part of that job, but the idea of everyone catering to my every whim and having that much power would be a cool thing if only for a short time.
- Eric Bryant has a post on traditional vs. missional. He sums it up pretty well.
- Latest addition to the emergent groups is Queermergent. The comments are a hotbed of people who can’t have a conversation about this without offending people. I invite you there, to take part in an open and respectful conversation.
- My new favorite MLK quote on street sweepers. Brings me right back to my janitorial days.
- Pope Benedict is launching his own YouTube channel.
- I loved this.
- “I shudder at the tears He cried as I allowed my serving Him to replace my knowing Him.”
- Nelson Mandela wrote a beautiful letter to Obama.
- The world stopped during Obama’s swearing in and Inauguration speech. How do I know? Google searches plummeted.
- Rush hopes Obama’s economic plans fail.
- A letter from Bush’s daughters to Obama’s daughters. It is definitely worth 3.5 minutes of your time.
- For those of you who think Bush is the worst President ever…I invite you to look at the similar approval ratings of some heralded Presidents.