As you know already, Rose and I went to see Shane Claiborne speak last Friday night. Some of the things he said have been running around in my head all week. Not too surprising because there are still parts of his book that are up in my head as well. Here were some of the highlights of what he had to say:
- “Does God’s dream look like Wall Streets?”
- We are being formed into people different from the people of this world.
- Christianity spreads best through fascination.
- Ideologies and beliefs don’t demand much of us.
- “The U.S. is the wealthiest and loneliest country in the world.”
- “Redistribution of wealth is only meaningful if it rooted in love.”
- “If we lose young people in church it won’t be because we didn’t entertain them, but because we didn’t challenge them.”