I don’t know if any of you happened to watch the Nebraska game last Saturday, but if you did I would prefer to not talk about it. In fact, I don’t know that I’ll ever be ready to talk about it. Still hurts.
Praise night, tomorrow night. Hope to see you there if you can make it.
- Mark Driscoll and Al Mohler share some thoughts on Brian McLaren’s choice to publicly state he will be fasting during Ramadan this year.
- Greg Wilson wrote a great post on the best and worst statement for Christianity: “I know Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior.”
- 5 ways to share your story authentically online with confidence.
- Karen Spears Zacharias nailed it for me with her post on the health care debate.
- Are you able to be fully present with others? A good challenge from Rhett Smith.
- Portland tied a record for the number of 90 degree days this summer. It was a hot one. I loved it (except for those 4 days when it was 106*, those were miserable).
- Genius marketing idea: face newspaper distributing real news in NYC.
- Interactive map of how US religions have changed over the past 20 years. I gotta admit, this is pretty depressing to look at.
- Want something to do Sunday afternoon in Portland? Check out the Hillsboro Tour de Parks bike or walk. I would totally be there if I didn’t have to be at the church.
- Video of the world’s tallest man…he’s over 8 feet tall. Wow.