For those of you new to this blog, every Saturday I write up a short post including links to some of the best blog posts I read and some of the most interesting news I found.
Blogging is a funny thing. Sometimes I write posts that I think a lot of people will resonate with and few do, and other times I write something that I don’t think is my best and people love it. This week was an example of the former, not the latter.
- “The Open Source Pastor” from Vince Marotte. Interesting concept.
- Probably my favorite post of the week. This time from John Dyer as he weaves the subjects of coffee, theology, and technology in a perfect way.
- I think Rhett Smith asks an important question: “Are we addicted to our smartphones?”
- I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.
- How do we honor aging gracefully?
- Great discussion surrounding this post critiquing seminary online.
- Sad news of 6 World Vision workers killed in Pakistan this week.
- Article from Christianity Today on whether text messaging and/or Twitter can enhance or distraction during a church gathering.
- Time Magazine gave my favorite local coffee shop some national pub: “Is Stumptown the new Starbucks or better?”
- People actually miss Paula on Idol? Come on, give me a break.
Have a great weekend.