I’ve given you a rain report of Portland the past few Saturdays. We’re now up to 6 weeks with no rain in Portland. Best part of that is it has been sunny every day that I can remember for those 6 weeks as well.
So far the month of August has been good for my soul. It is the one month on my calender that isn’t absolutely crazy busy. I’ve needed some margin in my life SO badly and it feels amazing to have that for a few weeks.
- Are you qualified to be a pastor? Good Biblical summary on that question.
- Just about every guy I know wants some sort of a “man cave.” Take a look at these 14 historic man caves. Interesting to see what was valued in those rooms compared to today.
- 5 important skills for church leaders to have. I actually only agree that 2 of them are important. The others would just be icing on the cake.
- This is tough to argue against: “the coming collapse of evangelical Christianity.” One of the best pieces I’ve ever read on this subject.
- One of the most even handed pieces I’ve ever read on Mark Driscoll and Mars Hill Church in Seattle.
- We are ambassadors of the King.
- Great NY Times piece on the growing problem of clergy burnout. As someone who works in a church and fights hard to avoid this I often wonder if the problem is the congregation or key leader of the church.
- The never ending National Parks picture from National Geographic. You can literally zoom in forever.
- Addictive internet use has been linked to teenage depression.
Saturdays are great days. Savor them.