Last week my friend and co-worker Janet spoke to a college class of worship leaders. She went to speak on the importance and value of team in church ministry. Obviously part of team means creating and building trust among the team members.
We both discussed this back and forth for a while. I’ve always known trust to be built over a long period of time and lost in an instance. It’s one of the hardest things to get in relationships and in teams, and one of the easiest things to lose.
Here are the key 5 things we came up with as far as building trust in our relationships:
- Shared Values. If you don’t each value the same things, you’ll never be on the same page.
- Time. Trust takes time, it doesn’t happen overnight.
- Shared Experience. Experiencing something with others, whether good or bad, only helps build trust.
- Perseverance through Conflict Together.
- Have Tough Conversations. It isn’t really trust if you can’t share and discuss the good and bad together.
How important is trust in relationships?
Pingback: Tweets that mention Man of Depravity: How to Build Trust in Your Relationships -- Topsy.com()
Pingback: Wednesday wisdom | My Best Investments()