Had a chance to hang out with Ric yesterday for the first time in a year. He and I have a lot in common. We’re both working at churches, we are both in seminary, we both love sports, and we’ve both sported long hair at various points in our lives. Check out his blog HERE. It was great to talk with someone like-minded in regards to theology, seminary, church, politics, postmodernism, etc.
Don’t look now but the Yankees have spent over $400 million in the past 3 weeks. Who says our economy is down? I am honestly glad they did, because they just continue to give me more players to hate and more reasons to hate their team.
- Shane Claiborne and Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove have a new book coming out. HERE is a great Q/A with both of them about the economy and helping the poor.
- Oregon was 3rd in the nation in % of voter turnout in the November election.
- Oregon set a record for December snowfall this year. The record was 40 years old.
- This is a sad, sad thing.
- At one church in Chicago, the spirit of giving isn’t just a Christmas thing. They give 100% of their money to help those in need. Talk about walking the talk…I love it.
- Stop filling the hole says Carlos. Awesome post.
- Did you hear about Prop 9 in Utah that banned the making or drinking of coffee?
- How to make tire chains for a bike. Luckily I live close enough to walk to work so I didn’t need to do this.
- I’ll be leading some music at Sunset at the 11am services this Sunday. Hope to see you there.
- By the way…that whole Prop 9 thing was a joke. 🙂
Merry Christmas depraved readers!