It hasn’t happened much since I moved to Oregon, but I think my Nebraska boys might finish the year ranked higher than both the Ducks and Beavers. That is awesome.
I wish I was one of those random people that get Nike gear to help test new products. I’m going to the Nike employee store today and everything in there is just expensive temptation. I hope I come out unscathed.
**UPDATE** // I met the best player in college football this year today. Ndamukong Suh from Nebraska (he grew up in Portland).
Hope you all had a wonderful New Year celebration with friends or family.
Here is some of what you might have missed this week:
- John Mayer is doing a social media “cleanse” starting yesterday, for one week. You going him? (if you are, you shouldn’t be reading my blog, that wouldn’t be much of a cleanse).
- Don Miller provides an alternative to the usual resolutions that seem to come about this time of year.
- How location aware apps will be the leading force of social media in 2010.
- Tiger Woods and Mammon.
- What if Target operated like a church? (Doesn’t Nordstrom already do this?)
- Loved this post from Ben Arment: “The Future is in The New.”
- Portland Monthly ran an article on Portland being Jesus’ favorite city. The article includes a lot of great things from some people I’ve met and respect.
- If you use lists on Twitter, this is a great way to set up one.
- The best television scenes from the past decade.
- I think we might be taking this moon exploration stuff a little too far…